Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Focusing on resiliency


       Ishmael does have resiliency throughout the book right now. The tips that he is using is he takes decisive actions which means he's taking control of his situation. Before he makes a decision he thinks about it and talks about it with his brothers. I have applied this to my life by have a situation and not knowing what to do and asking myself how to answer this and then when I don't know i ask my mom and we discuss what I could do about it or say.
       I think we all could apply this more to our lives because sometimes when we get a situation we don't even think about what we are going to say and do and then when we say it or do it it doesn't come back in the best results because we weren't patient in that situation. In the book A long way gone another tip he used was he accepted the change, he accepted that the rebels or war were takin place and he is going to keep pushing and pushing to try not to give up on his family ad there life. He was determined.
       Ishmael also keeps things in perspective, when something bad is happening he tries not to think about it, but tries to think in a positive way put right now its hard to to get these crazy images out of his head of all the adults and kids dead in the village. I think we could apply this to our lives, we always focus on the negative things in life. And I think this is another second wasted not being positive. In war there are many ways to think negative but all Ishmael is trying to do is survive and think about the memories he has with is family. He just keeps his head positive and says he can wait to see his parents. A quote that shows a positive thought " I have a feeling that we will find our families, or at least news of them" (Beah, 189). This shows that these boys are not giving up and even in this really rough time they are still staying positive, which is really hard to do if there is a war in your town. I have learned just by reading this that I shouldn't complain because a lot of people have it worse than I do in there situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment