Sunday, October 11, 2015

Authors Writing


            While I'm reading the book winter girls I'm getting an idea on how the author writes. The author uses a really unique way to describe how the character is feeling. The author really does a great job on putting the reader in the characters shoes. Some reasons why I really like her writing is because she uses similes and metaphors, and allusions. A page from the book that really shows the authors wonderful writing says "“I am the library aide who hides in Fantasy.
I am the circus freak encased in beeswax.
I am the bones they want, wired on a porcelain frame.
When I get close, they step back. The cameras in their eyeholes record the zit on my chin, the rain in my eyes, the blue water under my skin. They pick up every sound on their collar microphones. They want to pull me inside of them, but they’re afraid.
I am contagious"  (Laurie Halse Anderson, 35).

            This automatically made me go into the characters shoes. How would I feel if I was getting mistreated like this? How would I feel? And how is she going to handle this situation? This page and the authors writing made me want to keep reading and reading this book. And I can't wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment