Monday, October 19, 2015

2 ways to make your writing better; what the author uses in Wintergirls

           While reading the book winter girls found a couple unique quotes from chapter 008.00. The two quotes use two main writing ideas, imagery and descriptive language. In the first quote the author uses imagery. When the author uses really good imagery this helps the reader really be the character and experience what the character is seeing and feeling. The quote that really describes the imagery says, "I bit the days off in rows, corn kernels that popped in my mouth and wedge between my teeth. Bite. Chew. Swallow. Again. Bite. Chew. Swallow. Again." (Anderson, 47). So why would the author add this? Well it helped me go into the characters shoes and helped me imagine what was happening.
Another quote that used figurative language says, " They stuffed me like a pink little piggy ready for market. They killed me with mushy apples and pasta worms and little cakes and marched out of the oven and lay down to be frosted" (Anderson, 47). I loved how the author used really good figurative language and it just really added amazing detail and you could see this in your mind all going on thats why I loved it so much. So I hope I use more figurative language and description in my writing because this adds so much amazing details. And I hope you do to because it adds a great elevation in your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment