Sunday, November 8, 2015

A Letter to the Author



       Dear Ishmael,
    You wrote the book The Long Way Gone. This book was not just a book but a testimony on your life growing up. The book that you wrote inspires me to do things different or think different in many ways. Your life story has really changed my perspective on many things.You have gone through so much that I can't even imagine what you went through.
 
    This book is a story about you growing up. Ishmael tells his story about war that strikes through his town unexepectantly. Now at this time it shows person v.s person and person v.s nature. Ishamael now has to go against the rebels who are violently killing anyone they see or come near. I can't even imagine going through this. First, war is taking place, next, he is separated from his family and now he is trying to survive the crazy wilderness. He doesn't know who to trust because he could run into one person from his town or run into the rebels. I can't wrap my head around people who would not even care to kill thousands of people when they didn't do anything. This world is just crazy!

     This book made me think of how much I have. When ever we complain we should think of others and what they have gone through. Definetly, I know for sure that I am blessed with my wonderful family and everyone I know and everything I have. I loved this memoir that Ishmael shared with the world. It has truly touched my life in many ways. Thank You!

                                                                                           Sincerely,
                                                                                                      Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment