Monday, September 28, 2015

Next Book Interview


           So I'm almost done with my book so for my next book my sister suggested was Wintergirls by Lauria Anderson. My sister recommend this because she's not a big reader but she just couldn't put the book done which is very unlikely. So I looked up the summary and it says “Dead girl walking”, the boys say in the halls.
“Tell us your secret”, the girls whisper, one toilet to another.
I am that girl.
I am the space between my thighs, daylight shining through.
I am the bones they want, wired on a porcelain frame.
Lia and Cassie are best friends, wintergirls frozen in matchstick bodies, competitors in a deadly contest to see who can be the skinniest. But what comes after size zero and size double-zero? When Cassie succumbs to the demons within, Lia feels she is being haunted by her friend’s restless spirit. 

Laurie Halse Anderson explores Lia’s descent into the powerful vortex of anorexia, and her painful path toward recovery."

So this really drawed me into this book because it's mysterious, interesting, and I can already tell the author uses really good diction which is a plus! So I'm hoping I will be able to read this next.

No comments:

Post a Comment