Monday, September 7, 2015

Half way through!


            I am reading the book Battlefield of the mind for teens By: Joyce Meyers. Im about half way into the book and I have already learned so much from it. This book really reaches out to teenagers because in these days teens have been struggling with more and more things, which really breaks my heart. But this book has taught me so many things about life.

              In the first sentence of this book it starts with a question which I love because it makes the reader more involved with the book, it states, "Are you feeling a little tired lately? Confused? Depressed? Kicked-around? Its know wonder- you're in war."

             This book also starts with a bible verse in the beginning of the chapters that relates to the message, so when your done you can go back and read the scriptures in the bible. In the book Joyce is talking to the reader, the author gives her thoughts and asks questions. She also adds a lot of true facts and articles that relates to the message. She provides many other peoples stories on there life, they tell what they have been through and how they got through it.

            Did you know that suicide is the third leading cause of death among Americans ages 15 to 24.
This is so sad... I would have never known this if I haven't read this book.  This book has taught me so much about whats happening today even though I knew a lot of it but this shows statistics and numbers. This book has really opened my eyes to whats happening. This makes me want to reach out to others. I challenge you this week to put someone else's needs before your needs and to really love one another no matter what. You never know what may be happening in someones life even if you think there perfect and everything is okay with them. But you never know what battle is going on in there mind/life.

         

         

No comments:

Post a Comment