Thursday, August 20, 2015

Confessions By: Kanae Minato


                       



                    During the summer I read the book Confessions by: Kanae Minato. This book has many themes portrayed in the book. But the main theme that stuck with me was: revenge is never the answer to settle controversy and it will never fulfill the happiness that you lost. Through the book Yūko is planning revenge to two of the students that have murdered her daughter. Through out the chapter book each chapter is a different character showing there side of the story or there perspective. They also show what they been going through and there thought's. But all of the chapters are leading up to Yūko's big revenge with killing the boys. The theme started later on in the book when you start to realize that revenge was never going to help anything get better. A quote that shows the theme states, " He said I knew I might never forgive him, but that it was wrong to repay evil with evil, and revenge would never make me feel any better. Even more importantly, he was convinced that you boys could be rehabilitated, made whole again, and he wanted me to believe it, too. He said I had to believe if I was ever to be whole again myself " (Minato, 227).



Confessions Article 
This article is about the main idea in this book. It's summarizing what is mainly going on. It gives you an idea how the book will be, and it shows and describe some main things in this book that will be a big twist in the book. So read this book to find out.

Confessions video (reenacting the first page)
This video is a class that reenacted the first page in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment